Dublin Days

Friday, July 11, 2008

Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...

I got my two new videos in the post today...


The Sound of Music.

I'm hoping Síofra will love it as much as I did as a girl. Does that make me a Weird Mom? Maybe. But, honestly, check out Georg in the Edelweiss scene...dreamy.






and


The Wizard of Oz.

The four of us watched it tonight. It was magical. Síofra was scared of the witch and the flying monkeys, just like I was (as a child, I can handle it now). Paddy was entranced, but seemed especially into the red smoke (and there's a lot of red smoke in this movie, never really realised it until now).




It's lovely to share these two films with my kids because of all the memories they hold for me. Thankfully, they enjoyed them, too, so I don't have to force it on them!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smiled when I saw the scene from The Sound of Music and then I scrolled down... why does that witch still make my heart thump? God, that was a scary movie, almost as bad as The Birds (which i still won't watch). Let me know how Siofra likes The Sound of Music- it's Bri's all time favorite also.
Maureen

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have your vhs movie The Sound of Music here, so Siofra can watch it ..don't have the Wizard tho. I did buy Fiddler on the Roof at a garage sale this summer.
wish I could find more garage sales. see you in 13 days.....unbelieveable.
Lots of love, Mama Fifi

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home