Dublin Days

Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Two Loves of Sarah D. (no need to worry, Stephe)

(this is in response to Sarah's comment on the last post, regarding Maltesers...)

When Sarah, Becky and I spent the summer in Dublin back in 1994, we found many loves; curry chips, numerous bartenders, pints, soup made with oatmeal, The Frames...

But Sarah forged two extra special relationships that summer-
and


So her comment asking how she could get her hands on Maltesers didn't surprise me, because I knew she was harking back to her love affair with another overseas chocolate, the Wispa.

Don't worry, Sar, I'm stocking up on Wispas to bring over to you, and I'll add a few packs of Maltesers to your care package, too.


4 Comments:

Blogger SarahD said...

I can't wait. My favorite pub just 3 doors down from my house has Smithwick's on tap so that part is taken care of but it has been YEARS since a WISPA has crossed these lips. Heaven!

Weren't they not making them for a while? I remember not being able to find them when we were there in 2005. I am sure the public outcry was more than Cadbury could handle. Thank goodness they came to their senses.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

You're right! There was a campaign to "Bring Back the Wispa" and it succeeded. I always wondered if you were behind it...

9:47 PM  
Blogger rebecca flynn said...

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had a Smithwick's on tap in ages. I just may have to visit your pub Sarah the next time I am in K-zoo to visit my son and his family. He lives near the corner of Portage and Miller. How far is that from you?
Bridget, it was great seeing you and the kids on Skype over the weekend. I hope we can talk again before you come over.

See you soon.

Love,
Brother mike

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home