Dublin Days

Monday, April 28, 2008

Big Party Fun


Síofra's 4th birthday party was a roaring, shouting, running, jumping, dancing success. And while doing the post-party sweeping of the community hall floor where we hosted the party, I couldn't help but think, thank god all this mess isn't on our living room carpet.

There were 16 children there, and most of the parents stayed, too. So it was worth my marathon baking session on Saturday night, because all 36 cupcakes were eaten! The entertainer from Gymboree did a great job, and with that many kids it really was essential that we had some sort of a focus to the madness. Síofra was in her element as Party Girl (the title she used for herself all day). She got an obscene amount of presents, so many that I've tucked a few away for a rainy day and she hasn't even noticed. Her and Paddy's favourites at the moment are these. All I can say is that I played with loads of Barbies as a child and I turned out ok, right?

Pictures, as promised...

Bubbles and balloons = fun times. Check out Paddy in the background contemplating how to climb up on top of that sound equipment. He succeeded later on, only to be rescued by Richie.


Cupcake heaven.


Holding court.


Paddy enjoys his food. He actually couldn't be any cuter.


Weird lighting makes Daithí fuzzy.

6 Comments:

Blogger SarahD said...

Look at the long-haired mama!
4 years makes for some wisdom... Aren't cupcakes WAY friggin' easier than those damn butterfly cakes and all that shit that never ends up looking like the picture in the magazine? Good job, Fifi Jr.

My kid did love the butterfly cake that we copied from you (and I am STILL proud of the pictures!) but the 1st year angel cake went straight in the garbage with many expletives and we ended up with... cupcakes!
Wow! Expletive!

2:56 PM  
Blogger SarahD said...

One other thing... I totally planned it that way. I didn't even send Siofra's gift yet because I knew she would get so many on her special day!
Uh, does it count that I have had it for the past three weeks? Arghhhh... Happy Cinco de Mayo, Siofra!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridget, Great pictures from the party! I'll bet the "Party Girl" enjoyed every minute of her special day.
Great idea having it at the community center. Kids birthday parties can do a number on your house. It has been over a week since Conor's party and we are still dodging helium balloons floating around at eye level.
I am glad that you had a great day for Siofra. Tell her I love her and can't wait to see everyone in August.
Love,
Brother Mike

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would have loved to have been there. Looks like great craic! Thanks for the pics. Síofra looks so in her element. Love to you all! Looking forward to seeing you all on skype. Eric

9:42 AM  
Blogger kokamura said...

Great job Bridget! Those cupcakes look amazing - it would make my birthday to get one of those, nevermind 36 of them. Hope Siofcakes had a ball, certainly looks like it from the photos. Hope you got to enjoy it too. Skype soon, K

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridget, it is so wonderful to see your beautiful, smiling family! I am so impressed with the cupcakes too :-) I love being to able to see what you're up to this way--I'll be checking in here too!

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home