Dublin Days

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Incredible...Paddy

It's 6:48 am...and I've been up for an hour. I've made a commitment to myself to try and post something here everyday this summer, and since Paddy had the honour of waking us up at 5:54 am this morning, this one is dedicated to him.


The differences between Paddy and Síofra are always revealing themselves, and all our theory about gender and conditioning has pretty much gone out the window. He gets these surges of testosterone that baffle and amuse us; his favourite activity is wrestling (or, since he is half-Flintite, "rastling"), he lines up his miniature cars and then crashes them, adding his own sound effects, and, of all the cartoons in the world, he actually loves the very retro and sort of violent, "She-Ra, Princess of Power." I allow him to watch it because I figure there must be some sort of feminist message in there, I guess (and it allows me to drink a cup of tea uninterrupted).

But his latest, most entertaining, obsession is The Hulk. He saw a little bit of the film version on telly a few weeks ago, and since then, it's been non-stop Hulk action.



























Luckily, all this aggression is usually followed by another favourite game of his, Baby Lion, where he's the baby lion and I'm the mommy lion and we get to snuggle.

2 Comments:

Blogger SarahD said...

daily doses of the gang? are you for serious? you make me laugh AND inspire me to write!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bridge, what a great job you are doing with Paddy. he is soo normal for a boy.keep up the good work, and I am so anxious to play the Lion game with him - Nanny and baby lion.
see you in about 26 days.
Love, Mama

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home