Dublin Days

Friday, July 04, 2008

Art Imitating Life

The rain stopped today...it was sunny and warm, FOR THE WHOLE DAY. This was a great surprise, especially after Daithí and I watched the weather forcast last night and it said that the weather would be crappy for 4-6 weeks. Yes, I said weeks. When Daithí left the house with the kids this morning, Paddy stared into the bright sky and exclaimed, "The sun! The sun!" If you consider that last summer it rained for 43 consecutive days, you can appreciate that it has probably been raining for most of Paddy's life, so sunshine really is a novelty for him.

So a surprise little summer's day snuck in today. I picked up the kids early and we went to the park for a little picnic and some time in the playground. Then, when we got home, they had a nice little game of dress up.

And the theme of Dress Up was...





...Rainy Day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridge,
I sure hope you keep up with the blogs everyday! I love reading them. I can't help but laugh at the Paddy stories, they sure remind me of my kids when they were little. It's amazing how different each child is... but the ways that boys act sometimes???? The good news is.. that although Kevin had a garbage can labeled guns and swords and was dressed as a teenage mutant turtle, the white power ranger, batman, army guy, or something of his own creation from ages 2 to 5 - he grew up to be a kind and gentle man, with a heart of pure gold. He can't even kill a spider! Must have got all that out in his imagination as a child. Have fun with your little boy, it goes by way to fast. I can't believe I'm sending my baby to AA in the fall. Looking forward to more blogs daily.
Maureen

2:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Loving the daily updates! Hilariou dress up outfits...

2:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Maureen's comments about Kevin. He is a wonderful young man and a pleasure to be around.
But I am a bit worried about the comment you made referring to sending him off to AA in the fall. I hope that you meant Ann Arbor. Ha Ha

Hello Bridget, Daithi, Siofra and Paddy.

Great reading all of your posts. Looking forward to a great time in August!!

Love,
Brother Mike

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home