Dublin Days

Friday, December 21, 2007

Fionn

Just to let everyone know that our little boy Fionn Matthew was born yesterday December 20th at 5:03 p.m. He weighed 300 grams, which is about 10 1/2 oz. He looked perfect in every way, just so small and fragile. We were able to hold him and spend a couple of hours with him, which was terribly sad, of course, but also helpful. His birth went smoothly, and I did not take any pain relief, which I am thankful for now because I think I needed to feel every moment and everything. I was able to go home last night at 8 p.m. We are having a short service for him tomorrow at the hospital chapel, and then the hospital will bury him in the next week in the baby's plot at Glasnevin Cemetary. We will be able to have his name engraved on a plaque at the cemetary.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, emails, texts, and phone calls. It is very hard to be so far from you all. But I will need lots of love and care in the future to try and heal from this. Right now I just miss Fionn, but having Siofra and Paddy is so helpful. I didn't think I could love them anymore than I did, but having gone through this loss, I do. Daithi and I do believe that we can be better people, more compassionate and with more empathy, having experienced this.

Thanks again.

Love,
Bridget and Daithi

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bridget, Daithi, Siofra and Padraic,
you have to know how sad I am, and I am grieving the loss of my gandchild. I love him as I do allof you. thank you for being the wonderful daughter you are. I am so very proud of you... and of Daithi.you could search the world over and never find a companion such as Daithi. Love to all of you. Mom

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridget and Daithi,
Every single part of me is with you both right now, I just wish my body was also. I miss all of you so much. I am so sorry for the loss of your son and my little nephew, Fionn. I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling. Please remember how much you loved and call anytime you need to talk.
Maureen

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bridget, Daithi, Siofra and Padraic,
We just wanted to say that we are so sorry for the loss of your son Fionn, and that you are in our thoughts.

Sean,Claire and Con.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home