Dublin Days

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Paddy Post

Poor Paddy is sick today--I got a call from the creche at 9:30 this morning saying that he had a temperature of 102, so I left work and collected him. Now we're home and after an 1 1/2 hour sleep he's feeling much better and the temperature is down. Siofra stayed at school to "do her work" (they were making scones). So it's been Paddy and me this morning...got me thinking about all the great things about him:

1. Some of the words he says: Mama, Dada, shoes, "other one" (this is used when putting on socks or shoes), car, 'copter (as in helicopter), digger, truck, bum, thumb, eye, Buh-ba (which means I wanna bit of breastfeeding, please, Mother), ball, baby, banana, gone, done, more, Ruff-ruff (dog), Quack Quack (duck), Meow (you guessed it, cat), thank you (kind of, I know by his tone more than the sound of the words), sorry, and my favourite, "Love".

2. He loves to go swimming in the bathtub.

3. He copies everything Siofra does. Everything.

4. He relaxes by putting his hand on my stomach, skin to skin. A very tactile boy...

5. He loves to make Siofra laugh, and achieves this by throwing food on the floor, shouting at the dinner table and falling down dramatically.

6. His new thing is reading books.

7. He can sing Twinkle Twinkle and Baa Baa Blacksheep. You may notice that these are basically the same song, but I'm counting it as two. He can also do the barks from "Who let the dogs out?"

8. The hair just keeps getting better.

9. That gap in the teeth...

5 Comments:

Blogger rebecca flynn said...

I'm home "sick" today too Paddy! Here's to afternoon naps at home! They make us feel better!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Oh no, reba, hope you're better. I'm home again today with Paddy. Temperature is down but he's still not himself.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a handsome dude...and nice post to remember it all down the road (if you're anything like me and forget things in 3 months time)!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god I miss your kids!!!!! You too!

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://casodex-bicalutamide.webs.com/]buying Bicalutamide
[/url] Bicalox
Safedex
Dimalan

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home