Dublin Days

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Pump up the Volume

Síofra's race to become more and more independent took a great leap forward today at the park. At long last, after many lessons, she has finally learned to pump her legs on the swings. Hallelujah! Whilst I was enjoying the benefits that the 45 minute swing pushing workouts were having on my biceps, now I'll enjoy being able moniter Paddy on the climbing frame more closely, and avoiding that last minute, heart stopping grab I've had to make at him as he leaps for the monkey bars and swings his little 18 month old body 3 feet above ground. Or maybe I'll be able to take a sip of my latte before it goes completely cold. Or have a conversation that lasts longer than 2 sentences with another park mama. The changes this will bring to life are many.

In other news...we had a great visit from Tony, Daithi's brother, and a nice day spent in Cork with all the Doolans. We even sat next to a celebrity on the train on our way back to Dublin. Apparently a hot shot in Sudan...he was pretty quiet, but maybe that's just being cool. And he didn't seem to notice Síofra singing "Mama Africa" at full throttle.

Umm...news regarding Paddy; not much, just that the hair keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger. He attracts so much attention for the hair, especially from Grandpa types at the park. They like to call him "Curly Wurly," "Curly Top" and "Bubbles."

2 Comments:

Blogger rebecca flynn said...

Yummy!
Look I got my own blogger account! Turns out my friend Topsy does this too. I figure its time to quit being anonymous.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home