Dublin Days

Monday, July 16, 2007

Just us girls

Síofra and I a treat on Saturday afternoon when we accompanied her Little Friend and Little Friend's Mother to the production of Riverdance at the Gaiety Theatre. We actually met this little friend and her mom (and younger sister) through a breastfeeding group I went to when Paddy was little, and the two girls really hit it off. It has been great this summer to meet at the park and actually be able to have a conversation (and a latte) while they played and our two little ones climbed around. They just live up the street from us in another apartment building, so it's really convenient to get together.

Little Friend's mother works in theatre, and had worked for Riverdance for 8 years, so we got complimentary tickets for the best seats in the house! It was superb, and the Gaiety is an incredibly beautiful place. Síofra was transfixed by the enormous chandalier the moment we took our seats. She and Little Friend put on their own dance during intermission, to the amusement of all around us. And I enjoyed it, too--I mean, that dancing is amazing and does defy the normal idea of what feet can do. Another bonus was the inclusion of a flamenco dancer, two African-American tap dancers and a troupe of Russian dancers!

But the highlight of the day was when the lights first dimmed and the uillean piper started to play, and Síofra grabbed my arm and turned to me with her eyes as wide as possible and smiling from ear to ear, bursting with excitement. It was a day I think she'll remember, and I will, too!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. cute! picturing siofra dancing. curious about "little friends" name?? reba

3:54 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Isn't it great that the girls are getting old enough to actually start enjoying that kind of thing now?

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just imagine the look on Siofra's face!! wish I could've seen her. You are such a good mom, and I am so proud of how you interact with your children!
Love always, Mama

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home