Dublin Days

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Motorcycles, Oh my Lord, Doves

My excuses for not updating this blog include:
disappointing election results, transatlantic flights, chicken pox times two, an embarrassing run in with some poisonous margaritas and some killer jet lag in my children.

But let's keep it positive and talk about:
The two hilarious nights spent with my two oldest friends, when we drove aimlessly around Kalamazoo listening to the tape of us talking we made back in 1992. Yes, it somehow survived in Sarah's brother's basement despite the disclaimer written on the cover--"DESTROY THIS TAPE AFTER LISTENING TO IT." Thankfully, no one did, and there's now proof of how lame, hilarious and completely Michiganian we were. Actually, after 2 bottles of wine and 2 more margaritas, I think the lameness and hilarity came back--unfortunately some of it was left in the alley and on Sarah's bathroom floor. A cruel reminder that we're not in our 20's anymore...

My niece's amazing wedding, a whole day of fun and frolic, good food, vodka and grapefruit juice, run ins with the cops (sorry, Dr. Bri!), painfully cool high heels and Siofra and Paddy dancing their hearts out on the dancefloor. Daithi has exclaimed that it was the best wedding he's ever attended. Well done, Bri and family-what a day to remember.



Running into the ever-so-talented (does that sound too sarcastic, am I being mean?) Nelson twins at the bar in Flushing, and then AGAIN on our flight from Flint to Chicago. I mean, really, what are the chances of that? I just can't live without their love and affection.




Siofra and Paddy playing outside all day, and constantly having dirty feet from all the fun. Dirty feet are always a sign of a good time.

Daithi and I having a peaceful dinner out at the lovely Sorento's while my parents babysat. What a treat.

From cool Dublin rain to warm Michigan nights and back again, it's been a busy, fun and memorable couple of weeks. I'm still recovering from it all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i missed yer blogs! glad yer back to business! xoxox RF

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, we need to learn to TELEPORT! i need a trinity fix TODAY! i love "the shit" out of you all... especially siofra's cute-ass dublin accent... i still find myself saying "as well" at the end of every statement and Luna will often ask "Whoy?"

i am SOOO happy you all made the effort and that the kildee clan was willing to share you all with us...

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bridge..
thanks for the great words about the wedding! I know Jim and I had a blast, but it is always nice to hear that other did as well! It was wonderful seeing you all there and having siofra part of the day! she was adorable!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home