Dublin Days

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dancing Queen

I know...I haven't written anything here in forever. What can I say-it's election time here and our free time is getting less and less frequent.

We have, however, found the time to watch Celebrity Jigs n Reels on RTE. I'm not usually a fan of these types of things, but I have to say this programme is catchy. Maybe I'm harking back to my days of "Irish Dancing" (and, yes, the quotation marks are necessary here, because what we were doing probably wasn't very Irish, and technically wasn't dancing) with Becky and Sarah back in the day when we were queens. Anyway, my dancing gene seems to have been passed on to Siofra because she loves pretending to do Irish dancing, including bowing from the waist at the end of the performance. Then she gets her pretend microphone and makes Daithi interview her. Here's an excerpt:

Daithi: And tell us, Siofra, do you like dancing?

Siofra: Uhh, yes, I like dancing, but it's very hard.

Daithi: And did you like the music?

Siofra: Yeah...I liked it, but...it was very...music-y.

Daithi: And where did you learn your dancing?

Siofra: Well, my mommy is a great dancer.

Wow, she sings, she dances, and she's smart, too. What a kid.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So on my visit to Powers CATHOLIC high school (there is a serious catholic thing going on there these days... more prayer than i ever remember) I got to hear about Mark... the fella that teaches Irish dance in the basement of Ed Sullivan's Irish Alley (you know the one... he always gets up on stage and does his own thing while the child performers look on) used to be in RIVERDANCE!!!! Becky, did you send the video to Bridget?

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... that was me... Sarah

4:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Don't act like you aren't doing full dance routines for the kids every day. :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Is it just me or does the idea of a "basement of the Irish Alley" kind of sound dodgy? Add to that the fact that there's an underground Irish dancing ring being held there...quick, somebody call the Flint Journal, (suburban edition!)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home