Dublin Days

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Questions, blog-style

Oooh! Sarah "tagged" me to answer these questions...


Three things that scare me
1) illness and injury, especially for the kids
2) finding caterpillars in a broccoli-tofu stir fry (has happened to me twice)
3) Greed, mindless consumption, exploitation, supremacy, lack of conscience...ok, I could have just written George Bush but I didn't want to copy Sarah directly.

Three People who make me laugh
1) Daithi (but not always on purpose, God love him)
2) Sarah and Becky, for the past 18 years
3) Des Bishop

Three things I love
1) Saag Paneer
2) Payday (the candybar, that is, not available in Ireland)
3) Dublin City, on a Saturday night when everybody's "buzzin'!"

Three things I hate
1) vomiting viruses
2) cleaning up throw up
3) self righteous religion, and those who try to impose it

Three things I do not understand
1) commuters...is your big backyard really worth it when you only spent 6 hours at home a day?? I'm going to the park...
2) Folks who drive big smelly toxic cars a half mile to pick up their kid from playschool
3) how I ever thought I was tired before I had kids

Three things on my desk
1) A "Flint, MI...more cars than people" sticky notepad
2) takeaway menu from Jewel in the Crown (bring on the saag paneer)
3) about 30 birth announcements for Pádraic that I never got around to sending. Too late now, I guess. He is 14 months old and I think everyone knows about him now.

Three things I want to do before I die
1) go back to Paris; it was so much more fabulous than I'd even imagined
2) give birth again
3) see my kids becoming independant, happy people

Three things I can do
1) sing every song from Anything Goes, 15 years after my high school production
2) breastfeed, type an email and talk on the phone all at once
3) fit the top of a pint glass in my mouth (I had to stop doing this trick at the pub back in 2000 after I developed TMJ, but I'm sure I'd still be able to do it)

Three things I can't do
1) use left-handed scissors, even though I'm left-handed
2) pick meat off a pizza that was accidentally put on there and then eat it (there is residue), but luckily Daithi can...
3) wear a thong. It's just not comfortable, I'm sorry.

Three things I think you should listen to
1) Sigur Rós
2) Yo La Tengo; always great.
3) Eric Eckhart!

Three things you should never listen to
1) People who tell you breastfeeding is too demanding and isn't worth it...it is.
2) Skynews, unless you're good at deciphering truth
3) your inner negative voice

Three things I'd like to learn
1) patience
2) patience
3) patience in airports

Three shows I watched as a kid
1) Love Boat
2) Fantasy Island
3) The Great Space Coaster

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was hilarious. i laughed out loud and my belly hurts! thank you! xo RF

6:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Who find catepillars in their stir-fry TWICE? Creepy..and I hate thongs too. Thanks for doing this -fun!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto on all of it... laughing so hard my belly hurt... caterpillars ruining a perfectly magical broccoli moment... complete confusion as to how people wear thongs and do NOT constantly pick at their butts...

i am so thankful for funny-ass friends... you too Sarah Rutledge... i snuck a peak at yours and laughed so hard too... then i cried at the blog about hoping Lucy will remember all the things you are teaching her now...

SarahD

8:51 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

The problem is that the caterpillars are EXACTLY the same color green as the broccoli. It's hard to get 'em out of there before cooking even though I submerge the broccoli in water beforehand to try and force them out of hiding. Note: this only happens with super organic broccoli, so I try to tell myself it's better than pesticides, but it doesn't really work.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home