Dublin Days

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My brother Dan has gone vegetarian and I'm so happy for him!

I made this for dinner tonight and it was dee-licious!! You should totally make it for dinner tonight, Dan.

Chickpea and Spinach Stew

what you need:
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
one can of chickpeas
one can of chopped tomatoes
salt

what to do:
1. Heat the oil in a large pot on medium heat and add the onion and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the chickpeas, the curry powder and about a 1/4 cup water. Stir, cover and reduce heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, spinach and a bit of salt. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check for seasoning, add salt if needed.

We had this over brown rice. This recipe made enough for two adults and two kids with a lunch-sized portion leftover.

Honest to goodness, that's it. It's quick, very easy and is so good. Our kids loved it, too. Get cooking, Dan!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a believer. I am down 10 pounds and feeling quite energetic. I really do not miss it, either.

Thanks for the inspiration, Bridget and Daithi!!!!!!

Dan

10:26 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

That's great, Dank! Well done! Next thing you know you'll be ordering your Tofurkey for Christmas dinner...

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridget,
I had the BEST lunch today - chilled cucumber and avocado soup. I'd love to make it for Dan if I can find a recipe ...

Thanks for the GREAT visit!! I miss you guys already.

Jennifer

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your recipe inspired dinner tonight, except I ended up changing it so much it resembled palaak paneer--swiss chard and kale with tofu sauteed in curry powder, garlic and ginger. Yummy!

Andrea

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home