Dublin Days

Monday, July 23, 2007

New Math

38. The number of days until I return to work.

575. The number of days I've been off work.

18. The number of months Paddy and Síofra have had me all to themselves.

13. The number of months until Síofra starts big school.

1600. The number of euros our childcare will cost per month for the next year.

20. The number of 3rd class students I'll be teaching next year.

3. The number of days in the past two weeks we've been housebound all day because of rain.


Add all these up and you get one freaked out mama.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I can relate--
I haven't counted in days the number until I go back, and the board still hasn't agreed to whether it can be part time or needs to be full time, and I don't have daycare fully lined up yet, and needing babysitting for the stuff I'm already doing or taking Gwenyth to work (plus all the gear for the day)and of course the worry of how much it'll all cost...and missing Gwenyth things on the days I'll be gone...I need more sleep just to deal with it all!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

O.k. fill me in...what is "big school" and what is "3rd class"? Sorry about all the rain!!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! that's a whole lotta euro each month. thinking of ya.. xoxo RF

4:19 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Big school: real school, as in elementary school (called primary school here). The first class they go into (like kindergarten) is called Junior Infants. Weird, I know.

3rd class: 8-9 year olds. I think it's the same as 3rd grade.

Yes, the rain sucks...

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fabulous mama... i am so sorry about the countdown and the rain... isn't there an amazing holiday coming up for you? how many days until that?

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home