Dublin Days

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sui Generes


Being tired, overworked and generally out of touch with reality is NOT a good enough excuse for my missing this lady's birthday last weekend.

So, I humbly offer her this:

10 Reasons Sarah D Deserves a Fabulous 33rd Birthday:

1. She's been my friend for 19 years (that's more than 1/2 our lives)
2. She can do The Worm like no other. But she's selective about her performances.
3. She single handedly challenged the Catholic Church at age 12 and refused to be confirmed. Love that!
4. She married this cool dude. (also making a name for himself in the dance world.)

5. Back in 1988, I gave her a peach scented drawer sachet for Christmas. I'm sorry. There's so much lame about that present.
6. The first words I heard from her mouth were: "Silver and Gold!" (OK, so I wasn't actually in the Powers locker room when she sang it, but that won't stop me from reliving that moment.)
7. She's a hard workin' mama with a super cool kid.
8. She's the best damn ship photographer I've ever met.
9. She's all Laura Ashley on the outside, Punk Rock on the inside.
10. She so something er nuthin'...er suh!!!!! (the MOST in-joke you can get, but it's gotta be in the list.)

Happy Birthday, S.A.D.!!

1 Comments:

Blogger rebecca flynn said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I love you both for more reasons than i can list! xo

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home