Dublin Days

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Changes

This has been a week of great change in our house: Síofra and Paddy have started at their new creche (daycare, Americanos). We started on Monday for 2 hours, and today they stayed for 3 hours and even had their lunch there.

The Good News: Síofra has given us no surprises and totally loves it there. Part of this could be that she's the biggest girl in the place--I'm not sure if she's the oldest, but she sure is the tallest. She has outgrown all her 3 year old clothes in length, to the point where it's probably cruel to make her wear them because she looks pretty uncool with trousers too short on her. And you know she loves her fashion.


The Other Good News:
Paddy, my super-attached-mama's boy-hanging off my hip toddler, DID surprise us...he loves it, too! In fact, he doesn't even cry when we leave him there, but he does cry when I take him home. This could be because he loves pushing the dolls around in this there (and ours recently got lost at the park). What can I say, he'll be a good daddy.



So this is a big relief to me as I head into the final two weeks of my extended, 18 month maternity leave. I am feeling mixed about going back to work. Most of my fear relate to manic mornings trying to get out of the house, and exhausted evenings in the house. But for the most part I am just trying to enjoy these last few weeks.

Next stop: Donegal, to brush up on my Gaeilge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home