Dublin Days

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Outnumbered

Forgive me, readers, it's been 14 days since my last post.

But now that the nausea of the past couple of months has past, and I can finally stay awake later than 8:30 pm, and I'm a little less worried about something going awry, I can happily tell you all that the adults in our household will be outnumbered by children by May 5th, 2008.

Yep, we're blasting our way through early childhood: Siofra will be 4 and Paddy will be 27 months when this new addition arrives. But I'm happy about that. Seeing Siofra and Paddy's friendship develop has convinced me that having kids close in age is the way for us to go! I was reassured by Sarah's post last week...and I would also encourage anyone thinking about having a second baby relatively close in age to the first to do it. Sharing a childhood with your brothers and sisters is a great gift.

So, there's the news...it's still weird to be saying it out loud, especially since it's still kind of abstract: there's no belly to show yet (except for the one that two babies have left me with) and no flutters to feel. It's that weird time when you stop being really sick but still don't feel pregnant. I guess the next few weeks will change that, though!

So, at least this will give me something to blog about! Expect a lot of writing about midwives, sciatica, heartburn, doula support, and the mix of excitement and freaking out.

6 months to go!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your family. You are right, having children close in age is great. I love the fact the my children are all such good friends. As a parent there is no better feeling in life! I know you will all ENJOY every minute of it.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and for me!
you know how I feel about family, and lots of it.
In my opinion you and Daithi are model parents. your children are fortunate. tell them that.
anxious to see you in late April or early May.
Love to all of you,
Mama Fifi (Nanny Fifi too)

1:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

CONGRATS!!! I am very excited for your family, and to hear all about the pregnancy on the blog. I am glad my little post made you feel good (little did I know!) :)

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home