Dublin Days

Monday, November 05, 2007

Short n Sweet, just so you know that I'm alive

Right, I've been doing stupid school work now for an hour so I'm not sitting here for much longer...but just to let ya know that I'm alive and well, despite 3 out of the 4 of us having a vomiting flu last week. Luckily, Paddy escaped. I was knocked out for 3 days, thanks to that pregnancy immune system that makes sickness last longer and be worse. But we've recovered and the 6 loads of laundry we had to do in one day is only a memory now...

My recovery was rewarded on Saturday morning when I went for brunch with my good friends Dee and Kusi to this place. I can honestly say it was the first food I've enjoyed in 2 months. Morning sickness (really afternoon and evening sickness) has subsided and I made the most of it with Eggs Florentine with a side of spicy homefries. So, so delicious. It was also a treat to mark the final weeks of Dee's pregnancy, which was the purpose of the lunch. We showered her with (small) gifts and enjoyed eating without kids hanging off us.

No other news...wishing Flint the best in it's mayoral election tomorrow. Go Walling!

4 Comments:

Blogger rebecca flynn said...

yes... I was wondering about u guys.....
DANG DAYNE.... hope he gits it. xo

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if that's the same pregnant Dee I know? Would be funny if it was. Small world.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had a fun lunch. you sure deserved it.
exactly when is Dee due?
I have been searching on line for tickets the last4 days of April, and returning the 10th of May....too long?
the best I found is $640 total with changeover in D.C. think I can handle it?
Love you, Mom

4:59 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Well, I like D.C. so if you get stuck there forever, I'd visit you.


(Yes, you'd handle it!)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home