Dublin Days

Monday, December 10, 2007

10 Years

Daithi and I had anniversary night away, although our actual anniversary is Wednesday. At noon on Saturday we packed up and left Siofra and Paddy eating their lunch with Daithi's sister. We and our overnight bag travelled two stations on the train into town to the hotel.

Naturally, it then began to rain, but even Irish weather couldn't take the smiles off our faces. (Sorry about cutting off the top of your face, Daithi.) We checked in, had a cup of coffee, and then headed out for lunch. I had a butternut squash-filo pastry pie, with carrot salad and sprouting bean salad. Delicious, as always. Then we did some Christmas shopping for the kids...sounds mundane, but it was a pleasure to shop without having to push a stroller through the shops! Then we headed back to the hotel, where Daithi had a nap and I took a half hour shower with unending hot water. Strangely, there was a full sized mirror IN the shower, which is a reality check like no other. Yes, I DO look pregnant after all. Then we got all dressed up and headed to the restaurant.
Daithi had made reservations at a secret retaurant, and didn't tell me where we were going until we were there. I was a bit uneasy (I guess I have control issues) but it turned out wonderfully. The food, especially the vegetarian mezza, was delicious. Honestly, deep-fried feta cheese, could you think of anything nicer???

And the belly dancing was...entertaining. The next morning we avoided the overpriced hotel breakfast (24 euros for one breakfast!) and went into Temple Bar for a more reasonably priced breakfast. Then we headed back home at noon, and reality recommenced.

Getting away was great...it was the first time I'd spent a night apart from the kids since Siofra was born. And I didn't even worry. And the kids had a great time with Ann...and Paddy went to sleep on his own, no crying, and slept the whole night. What the £@*&%?

And most importantly, I didn't miss that very important business call because I could take it from the comfort of the hotel bathroom...

7 Comments:

Blogger rebecca flynn said...

I LOVE IT!! happy 10 years ya'll!!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never miss an opportunity to take a hliarious bathroom photo! Never!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and the pregnancy. I'm jealous. That Siofra is really funny. I liked her practical joke and the zebra and horse tea set.
Tiffany H.

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we ran into you guys. Happy anniversary :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary...sounds like it was luxurious!

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God. I have read some great blog entries, but that was a great one. The photos and words painted a great picture of a great day.

11:39 PM  
Blogger rebecca flynn said...

ummmm.... did i just read a message from dr. tiffany hebert?!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home