Dublin Days

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

We're back

We're back. We had a great ten days back in Michigan, and are swiftly recovering from the jet lag (Síofra and Paddy were both up at 1 a.m. last night playing).

The highlights of the trip were:

1. How great the kids were on the flights. Seriously, we were lucky. Maybe when you prepare yourself for complete disaster, mild disruption seems enjoyable.

2. Tofurkey. It really is good.

3. Hanging out with the family...and having Síofra spend so much time with her cousins. She's picked up a new phrase--"Just for girls!" She uses it to Paddy when he tries to take something from her. I'm thinking her girl cousins taught it to her!

4. Pie.

5. Hearing my nephew Evan sing the full version of the "Pumpkin Pie Song," written by my brother Mike.

6. Hanging out with my oldest friends. Digging out our old yearbooks (you're in there A LOT, Buttledge). Puzzling at our big-ass sweaters that went down to our knees. Being thankful I discovered eyebrow tweezing.

7. Discovering I'll be getting a new niece or nephew in May!

8. Finally understanding the difference between cousins "once removed" and "second" cousins. (thanks, Maureen.)

9. Seeing the hibachi chef squirt that fake sauce on Daithí.

10. Making up my new Kildee joke:

How many Kildees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

11. Knowing we'll be back in 6 months for Bri's wedding!


2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! So glad the trip went great! Yeah, you were probably looking at the yearbook when Holly Blondin was on yearbook staff and made it her personal mission to have photos of myself and Joy Coffin on every page. I am also amazed at the amount of button downs and cuffed, pleated khaki pants I seemed to enjoy at Powers High. Ahh..the days...

6:42 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Oh, the pleated pants...so, so flattering to us all.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home