Dublin Days

Monday, November 13, 2006

Countdown: 4 Days

Four days until we head back to the U.S of A...the election there is still the talk of the town here in Dublin. Daithi and I were out for dinner on Saturday night (a real treat...we went to our old standby the Indian place on George's Street. We all went there the day after our wedding, remember?? I've been going there for 12 years now...you'd think I'd get some free poppadums or something for that, but no.) Anyhow, there were some American students at the table next to us and Daithi congratulated them on the great election results. He did stay up watching the results on T.V., but at least we didn't go to bed celebrating and wake up mourning the results, like back in 2000. Now we're hoping that this momentum can keep going!

I am not thinking about how we'll manage the eight hour flight. I have gotten Siofra some things to get her through--new crayons, new paper, new books...hope it works. Padraic is a different story. I suspect he'll be crawling the aisles. We are loving him in his new hat, but we just can't stop laughing when he wears it.
I can't wait for everyone to see the kids, and for them to see you all. Siofra is looking forward to a steady stream of chocolate chip cookies. See you on Friday!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my gosh..his eyes are sooo huge and beautiful! Good luck on your trip back with the kiddos and safe travels for all!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognise that baldy head, it seems to be shinning on to the telly, too! Have a great time over in the States and I've bookmarked you for future reference. Take care.


Sean. (Liverpool)

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home