I've been meaning to try and write something for days, but this week has been insane.
Stuff that's going on with us:
1. On Sunday the general election
was officially called; it will be held on May 24th. This means that Daithi
has been working 14 hour days since then. 14 hour days for Daithi mean 14 hour days for me at home...luckily our friends Dee and Richie have offered their help two days a week during the Hell Hours (5pm-7pm--dinner, bath, pyjamas). Elections are exciting and intense, but also stressful. So this tight feeling in my chest has lasted all week...
2. There was relief in our household when the election date was set for May 24th, as May 31st had been mentioned as a possible date and we fly to MI on the 27th! I don't know what we would have done if the election had clashed with our travel plans, but the two options a) me traveling on my own with the kids and b) all of us staying here and missing my niece's wedding BOTH SUCKED. So despite the stress of election work, I am mostly relieved, and we're all looking forward to the trip, and to the wedding where Síofra will make her debut as a flowergirl.
3. A girl in Síofra's playschool got chickenpox, so she may make her flowergirl debut with spots. Let's hope not.
4. Dee and I are going to the Homebirth Association of Ireland's conference next weekend. I'm super excited to see and hear Ina May
!!!!! I'm going to take my camera and try to get a picture with her. I hope that doesn't make me creepy or a stalker.
5. The weather has been amazing--sunny and very warm--yesterday was, like, 80 degrees! You know people here are going nuts wearing shorts and sandals...gotta make the most of it before the rain returns.