Dublin Days

Monday, February 15, 2010

MORE CAKE!


Here's my Valentine's Day cake that I didn't get made until February 15th.

Oh well.

It's kind of a chocolate version of the "Busy Day Cake." It's a simple one layer number that's quick and easy.


Chocolate Cake


1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg

Mix dry ingrediants together.
Add milk, butter and vanilla, mix.
Add the egg, mix.

Pour into a greased, floured 9 x 1 1/2 inch cake pan.

Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 30-35 minutes.

Dust with powdered sugar.

(There is more to my life than cakes...will try to write something real soon.)

1 Comments:

Blogger SarahD said...

You're back! Hooray! I am totally baking that cake tomorrow. I have never made a cake from scratch. Isn't that crazy? I grew up on boxed cake mixes and really love them so have never been inspired... until now. I write this as I shove Double-Stuf Oreos in my mouth and try not to drip cow's milk on the keyboard. Disgusting. I look forward to providing a chocolate cake for my family of which I can be proud!

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home