Dublin Days

Monday, January 08, 2007

There are so many reasons to celebrate it's crazy

January...why?

It's a month to drag through. The festivity of December is over, finished, and it can't even be further away than it is now. In an effort to lift my spirits I googled "January holidays" and was pleasantly surprised to discover that tomorrow is Play God Day. I don't really know what this means but it does sound fun. And given my affection for pets dressed as Gone with the Wind characters, I am looking forward to January 14-National Dress Up Your Pet Day. A miniature poodle dressed as a southern belle never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Now, to be fair it's not all gloom; today has actually been a good day. The best news of today is that I have a new grandniece named Sophia. Additionally, I was intrigued by an email from my friend S.A.D. which outlined a political analysis of HPV. And finally, I have a Tesco Finest Basil and Pesto Pizza in the oven that I will enjoy in 8-10 minutes.

So, as you drag yourself through this puddle of a month, don't forget, January 19th is National Popcorn Day. Celebrate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I need something like National Popcorn day to get through this god forsaken month. It totally blows. Thanks!

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we've had popcorn day here for 51 1/2 years! interesting stuff.
Love, Mama

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home