Dublin Days

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sorted, I think

Well, it seems like Blogger has finally sorted out whatever problem I was having. I guess all the Irish and British users were experiencing this; sorry those of you who tried to leave comments on my blog. It only took them 5 frickin' days to figure it out. As they say in Dublin, it was "wreckin' me head!" But hopefully now it's solved.

Not that much has happened in the past few days that I need to report. We had a fun night out for Dee's birthday, we attended the Sinn Fein Ard Fheis, which was interesting and fun, as usual, and on Sunday we got the train to the 'burbs to visit our old neighbors (neighbours, I mean) who fled the inner city and now have a house with a garden. It was a good weekend.

I had to go to the dentist today to have a filling replaced, and this caused me much anxiety. I hadn't actually been to the dentist in a shamefully long time, since I gave up going to my old one in MI when we were back visiting. But I had a tooth that made me shutter every time I drank something cold, or even when the wind got to it (and you know I have a big mouth so this happens regularly) so I knew something was up. He was a nice guy, and I was reassured that he had a nice, modern office and high tech equipment. He made everything sound easy-peasy two weeks ago at my consultation visit, but this morning, before the actual treatment, I was filled with dread. I tried to reassure myself that if I can give birth twice without any pain relief I can surely survive a filling with loads of anesthetic. But I was pretty much freakin'. Probably due to a traumatic dental experience when I was 3, but that's another story for another day. Anyhow, he was not entertaining my nerves and basically told me that I needed to trust that he wasn't going to let me feel pain. And, I actually didn't feel anything. My jaw is sore now, and my throat is a bit sore for some reason, but my tooth feels fine and, boy, I'm glad that's over.

Maybe I'll even start flossing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny timing here- i just got an electric toothbrush b/c my 62 year old co-worker went thru horrible painful dental work! :) reba

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home