"tagged" me to answer these questions...
Three things that scare me
1) illness and injury, especially for the kids
2) finding caterpillars
in a broccoli
-tofu stir fry
(has happened to me twice)
3) Greed, mindless consumption, exploitation, supremacy
, lack of conscience...ok
, I could have just written George Bush but I didn't want to copy Sarah directly.
Three People who make me laugh
1) Daithi (but not always on purpose, God love him)
2) Sarah and Becky, for the past 18 years
3) Des Bishop
Three things I love
1) Saag Paneer
2) Payday (the candybar, that is, not available in Ireland)
3) Dublin City
, on a Saturday night when everybody's "buzzin'!"
Three things I hate
1) vomiting viruses
2) cleaning up throw up
3) self righteous religion, and those who try to impose it
Three things I do not understand
1) commuters...is your big backyard really worth it when you only spent 6 hours at home a day?? I'm going to the park...
2) Folks who drive big smelly toxic cars a half mile to pick up their kid from playschool
3) how I ever thought I was tired before I had kids
Three things on my desk
1) A "Flint, MI...more cars than people" sticky notepad
2) takeaway menu from Jewel in the Crown (bring on the saag paneer)
3) about 30 birth announcements for Pádraic that I never got around to sending. Too late now, I guess. He is 14 months old and I think everyone knows about him now.
Three things I want to do before I die
1) go back to Paris; it was so much more fabulous than I'd even imagined
2) give birth again
3) see my kids becoming independant, happy people
Three things I can do
1) sing every song from Anything Goes, 15 years after my high school production
2) breastfeed, type an email and talk on the phone all at once
3) fit the top of a pint glass in my mouth (I had to stop doing this trick at the pub back in 2000 after I developed TMJ
, but I'm sure I'd still be able to do it)
Three things I can't do
1) use left-handed scissors, even though I'm left-handed
2) pick meat off a pizza that was accidentally put on there and then eat it (there is residue), but luckily Daithi can...
3) wear a thong. It's just not comfortable, I'm sorry.
Three things I think you should listen to
1) Sigur Rós
2) Yo La Tengo
; always great.
3) Eric Eckhart!
Three things you should never listen to
1) People who tell you breastfeeding is too demanding and isn't worth it...it is.
2) Skynews, unless you're good at deciphering truth
3) your inner negative voice
Three things I'd like to learn
3) patience in airports
Three shows I watched as a kid
1) Love Boat
2) Fantasy Island
3) The Great Space Coaster